Welcome! The Partnership / Affiliate Manager Handbook is where you will find all information relevant for PM/AM to better understand who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
This documentation is open to everyone in the team and in constant evolution. So please feel free to suggest improvements or ask questions.
- 🌏 What is Surfe?
- 👓 Product Vision
- 🧬 Our DNA
- 🏅 Missions
- 💬 Working with the Team
- With the Founders
- With Marketing Team (including Designers)
- With the Product Manager
- With the Sales Team
- With the Development team
- 🏗️ First week-to-week duty as PM
- Week 1 (17-21 April)
- Week 2 (24-28 April)
- Week 3 (01-05 May)
- ℹ️ Where to ask for help?
- 🔗 Useful Resources
- 📐 Initial Setup
🌏 What is Surfe?
Surfe (ex-Leadjet) is the n°1 tool salespeople need to use on LinkedIn for their sales activities. It lets them connect your CRM (Salesforce, HubSpot, Pipedrive or Copper) to LinkedIn through a simple browser extension. Surfe (ex-Leadjet) makes it easy to create and enrich contacts, update their status and synchronize LinkedIn conversations - directly from a prospect's LinkedIn profile to the CRM in 1-click. No need to waste time on manual data entry. With Leadjet, salespeople are 4x faster when sourcing and save a minimum of 60 minutes of boring tasks per day.
👓 Product Vision
We want to bring the modern generation of end-users a CRM interface that is connected, customizable, collaborative and present everywhere they work (email, meeting scheduling or communication tools, websites etc.)
CRM gruntwork is a hassle and productivity breaker - we exist because we want to bring peace of mind back to sales and empower people to concentrate on what matters - selling.
- Be the #1 connected revenue workspace for customer-facing teams.
- Power sales through a flexible interface that makes CRM accessible everywhere.
- Design a dead-simple UI / UX which can be used by any revenue team in the world
- Set the standard for simple, safe and healthy prospecting on LinkedIn & the internet
- The ultimate productivity solution, Connecting the dots to build powerful end-to-end integrations
- No human explanation needed for understanding & using the product
- Embedded intelligence to eliminate manual tasks and provide additional sales insights
🧬 Our DNA
Ease of use. We believe that simple things are beautiful, that’s why made Surfe uncomplicated and crystal clear. We tried to build straightforward features to ensure your navigation & activity are as painless and effortless as possible.
Performance. At Surfe, one of our top priorities is your efficiency and productivity that pave the way to increased performance. We’re here to give you the means to catch waves, ride them and execute the most difficult turns and tricks.
Joy and Freedom. We created Surfe with the intention to give you peace of mind while selling. We want to empower you to go after prospects, get and close deal without having to waste time or worry about the little things (like refreshing your CRM, scheduling tasks and manually logging data). We made Surfe as customizable as we could, to ensure you’re at liberty to craft your own workspace that helps you be more productive - completely unconfined.
Enthusiasm, energy and boldness. At Surfe, we’re your biggest fans and supporters. Always by your side, we want to share our passion and energy to help you push the boundaries every day. We’re never afraid of the challenges and like to embrace difficulties, making bold moves! We hope we make you feel encouraged and supported to do so too!
The Partnerships / Affiliates Manager main mission is to refine and execute the strategy as well as source and onboard new partners, to be their main point of contact and train and monitor them all the while working collaboratively with the marketing team to drive a successful partners program.
Within your first month, you should be able to lead a first project - make sure you discuss it with your manager to ensure you understand what is expected of you and the output you should be able to deliver.
Conduct a Partnership Audit
Identify Partnership opportunities and areas of improvement for optimization
Report on partnership performance including recommendations for improvements.
Partnership outbound plan
Increase number of partnerships and build relationships with potential key partners
List of potential partners and timeline for outreach
Partnership tracking system
Measure partnership performance and identify areas for improvement.
Partnership tracking system with key metrics and process for measuring ROI.
Within Three Month:
Execute partnership outreach plan
Increase the number of partnerships and drive acquisition and revenue
Signed partnership agreements and a pipeline of potential partners for future engagement
Optimize existing partnerships
Improve ROI of existing partnerships and increase revenue
Increased traffic, leads, revenue from existing partnerships.
Develop a partnership activation plan
Leverage partnerships to increase growth and revenue
Partnership activation plan (timeline + strategy to leverage partnerships)
💬 Working with the Team
Our Team is partially remote from day-1.
The team has grown from 4 people in 2020, to 11 in 2021 and we are now a team of 31 from 16 different countries.
Most of the developers are remote & on the contrary most of the marketeers are in the office.
To keep the communication open and create synergies with the team and allow the teammates to report on their progress, we have put in place — Weekly goal & achievement meetings every Monday.
For marketing operation & collaboration we have a weekly marketing meeting.
Your working hours is flexible but it is preferred if you are available during French working hours to avoid any bottle neck issue.
With the Founders
The company is founded by @David Chevalier & @Romain Ginestou so they are the person who understand the company needs best. You can talk to the to understand the company’s business & product vision better and how you can improve the overall product and how we can market them.
With Marketing Team (including Designers)
You would most likely be working with @David Chevalier who would be giving you direction on where we want to take the marketing side of the business - of which partnerships are a big part.
Since day 1 we have put a massive emphasis on a) having the best product. However we want to improve on the way we market it. We want to emphasise the value of using our tool instead of describing what it does. We also want to make sure that the audience understand the purpose of each features, old & new, that we are offering. b) having a close relationship to our (strategic) partners. And we want to leverage them further to increase growth and revenue - with HubSpot, Salesforce and Pipedrive in priority. You would also be working with the designers in order to create marketing materials for our partnership channels.
With the Product Manager
Up until last year we are a product that connects linkedin to the CRM. In order to scale, @David Chevalier’s vision is to be a revenue workspace that can be connected to several other platform such as zoom, slack, google calendar, etc. @Maged Talaat has worked on the product since 2021 & recently he is joined by Andres. You may approach him to understand the product and roadmap better, so that we can plan partnership marketing activity accordingly.
With the Sales Team
Recently we’ve built up our own Sales Team with @Matthieu Sun, @Alejandro Salinas and @Guillaume de Nacquard - plus @Andreas Wernicke as GTM. As they are in charge for a few relationships with CRM Partners (Lunch & Learns), Resellers and/or Affiliates please organize a short call with each of them to get a heads up.
With the Development team
You would be mainly working with @Romain Ginestou to understand how the product works.
There are also several chance for you to work with other developers and @Pierre Portejoie & @Gökhan Arkan helps out in the marketing team from time to time.
🏗️ First week-to-week duty as PM
Week 1 (17-21 April)
- Get to know the core team
- Finish up all the initial set up for your toolstack & get organised for reporting
- Learn the tool by hard, understand the new vision & you can watch more videos here.
- Internalise & observe the current marketing activity
- Attend orientation and vision meeting with David
- Start with the Partnership Audit and identify Partnership opportunities and areas of improvement for optimization, please organize a “Status Quo” call with Marta for Affiliates and with David for everything else
Week 2 (24-28 April)
- Get to know the rest of the marketing team, PMs and Sales
- Report on audit and past partnership performance including recommendations for improvements to David
- Revise partnership strategy and come up with a a first action plan on “the low hanging fruits” or better which partnerships to focus on and how to increase the numbers
Week 3 (01-05 May)
- Get to know the rest of the team (Developers, HR, UI designers, etc)
- Look through our website on existing partnership communication, e.g. https://www.surfe.com/become-an-affiliate/, and come up with ways how to improve it
- Start working on “Partnership program” and “Partnership outbound plan” (how to increase number of partners), list these potential partners and come up with timeline for outreach
- Organise tasks for week 4 onwards
ℹ️ Where to ask for help?
The team and founders are reachable on Slack.
Prefer direct messages to target the person you want.
The founders would be happy to assist you with whatever you need.
Anything regarding marketing you may ask Veronika or David.
Finally, for HR matter ask @Regina & regarding welfare or (e)office issue, ask @Katarina Mellyna.
You can also jump in a quick meeting if needed (see shared agenda for availabilities).
🔗 Useful Resources
Surfe website: https://www.surfe.com/
Surfe documentation: https://intercom.help/surfe/en/
Surfe extension Web Store page: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/leadjet/kojhcdejfimplnokhhhekhiapceggamn
Surfe Pipedrive Marketplace: https://marketplace.pipedrive.com/app/leadjet/97c68091c72b436b
Surfe HubSpot Marketplace: https://app.hubspot.com/ecosystem/7359138/marketplace/apps/productivity/workflow-automation/leadjet-217949
Surfe Salesforce Marketplace:https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N3u00000OMb1KEAT
Surfe Copper Integration: https://support.copper.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055416393-LinkedIn-Integration-via-Leadjet New Copy for the listing pages: https://www.notion.so/surfe/Content-for-Listings-7c3ad033eb6043379cf37673f567458a
The best method to understand the people & culture of Surfe is to talk to every individuals through “doughnut” meeting.
For information about the team, hiring, perks, culture, and more!
📐 Initial Setup
- Make sure you have received an invitation to all following services that we rely on
- Create test accounts for every CRM we support (Hubspot, Pipedrive, Copper, Salesforce)
- Connect to Bitwarden to access our pre-existing demo accounts
- Learn how to connect Surfe, especially for Copper
Find a Demo Script here (just as a guidance): https://www.notion.so/surfe/Script-for-product-demo-90d03a744c4d4c3ebd6f956ec19d2be9