Welcome! The Surfe Graphic & Motion Designer Handbook is where you will find all information relevant for Surfe Designers to better understand who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
This documentation is open to everyone in the team and in constant evolution. So please feel free to suggest improvements or ask questions.
- 🌏 What is Surfe?
- 👓 Product Vision
- 🧬 Our DNA
- 🏅 Missions
- 💬 Working with the Team
- With the Marketing team
- With current designer
- With the Product team
- 🎩🪄 Design tools
- ℹ️ Where to ask for help?
- 🔗 Useful Resources
- 📐 Initial Setup
🌏 What is Surfe?
Surfe is the n°1 tool salespeople need to use on LinkedIn for their sales activities. It lets them connect your CRM (Salesforce, Hubspot, Pipedrive or Copper) to LinkedIn through a simple browser extension. Surfe makes it easy to create and enrich contacts, update their status and synchronize LinkedIn conversations - directly from a prospect's LinkedIn profile to the CRM in 1-click. No need to waste time on manual data entry. With Surfe, salespeople are 4x faster when sourcing and save a minimum of 60 minutes of boring tasks per day.
👓 Product Vision
- Be the go-to solution for doing sales on LinkedIn
- Design a dead-simple UI / UX which can be used by any sales teams in the world
- Set the standard for simple, safe and healthy prospecting on LinkedIn
- Not an automation tool, save time when doing customized outreach and curated profiling
- No human explanation needed for understanding & using the product
- Connecting the dots to build powerful end-to-end integrations
- Embedded intelligence to eliminate manual tasks and provide additional sales insights
🧬 Our DNA
- Keep it simple
- Continuous Learning
- Constant Improvement
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Your mission will be to create design and animations for marketing needs, keep coherence of Surfe current (and future new brand) visual style across different platforms: social media, website, newsletters etc.
✅ Here’re your major tasks:
- Design visuals for social media, blog, website, newsletters, advertisements.
- Create designs to showcase customer testimonials (case studies) and other PDF materials.
- Create low-fidelity product mockups or modify existing ones.
- Create motion design content: social media videos, promotional videos.
- Create videos to showcase the product: animated low-fidelity mockups.
- After rebranding, update all visuals according to new brand guidelines.
- Simple photo editing and photo resizing for PR needs.
- Managing and creating content for Surfe Dribble and Behance profiles.
💬 Working with the Team
Our Team has been remote from day-1. To keep the communication open and create synergies with the team and allow the teammates to report on their progress, we have put in place the following events:
🕐 Weekly goal & achievement meeting every Monday
As a designer, your relation with the team is outlined below.
With the Marketing team
You'll be part of the Marketing team, working on your mission. Head of Marketing @Laura Patricia will guide you through your initial onboarding and can help with parts of your mission requiring in-depth knowledge of Surfe inner working and product itself. @Laura Patricia will be the one who will assign tasks to you.
With current designer
At the begging of your mission you’ll be working closely with Digital Designer @Albina Ranniaia. She’ll explain to you working processes and will share all necessary design materials. You can always interact with her when:
- You created new visuals and need to receive a feedback.
- You don’t know where to find some design materials.
- You have design related/or any questions and ideas :)
With the Product team
You might have some questions/remarks for the Product team. For instance:
- You need more information about how Surfe’s features work for Low-Fidelity mockups design/animation.
- You have any personal suggestions about the Surfe’s product.
🎩🪄 Design tools
- Figma for creative static designs
- After Effects for Motion design
- Photoshop for photo editing
- Pitch for presentations
- Freepik.com for 3D images, photos, mockups
ℹ️ Where to ask for help?
The team and founders are reachable on Slack.
Prefer direct messages to target the person you want.
You can also jump in a quick meeting if needed (see shared agenda in Google Calendar for availabilities).
🔗 Useful Resources
📐 Initial Setup
- Make sure you have received an invitation to all following services that we rely on
- Have a meeting with Laura, Head of Marketing, to ask questions about the company and the product
- Have a meeting with Albina, Digital Designer, to receive design materials
- Bookmark important pages
- Understand the task assigned to you
- Meet the team (informal)
- Start your first mission 🚀